WHO SHOULD BE TEXAS PRO LOGGERS?
All logging contractors and foremen.
HOW DO I BECOME A TEXAS PRO LOGGER?
The Texas Pro Logger program consists of the following four (4) core courses that a person must first attend in order to be classified as a Texas Pro Logger:
- Best Management Practices - 8 hours
- Silviculture, Wildlife, Wetlands, Endangered Species, Invasives, Special Sites, Aesthetics - 4 hours
- Safety Training - 6 hours live; 4 hours online.
- Business Management - 4 hours
HOW OFTEN DO I TAKE THE 4 CORE COURSES?
Only once, except Safety Training which must be taken every two years.
SHOULD ALL LOGGERS TAKE SAFETY TRAINING EVERY TWO YEARS?
Yes. All logging contractors, foremen and logging employees should take Safety Training every two years. The NEW Online Training is available here.
CAN I VIEW MY TRAINING RECORD?
Yes. Training records may be viewed at the Logger Training Records.
IS THERE A FEE TO TAKE THE WORKSHOPS?
The following fees will be charged for each core workshop:
- $40 per workshop
- Advanced registration and payment is required. Contact the TFA office for a list of upcoming workshops.
- In addition, a processing fee will be implemented for non-Texas Logging Council/Texas Forestry Association members.
- Pro Logger certificates will not be issued until payment is received.
Continuing Education Program
Once I get my Texas Pro Logger Certificate, do I have to take any more training?
Yes. To maintain the Texas Pro Logger status a person must do the following:
(1) Each year - Attend a minimum of six (6) hours of continuing education training;
(2) Every two years - Attend Safety training.
For more information or a schedule of workshops, email the Texas Forestry Association at email@example.com or call 936/632-TREE.