Who We Are
More than 95 years have passed since a handful of conservationists, motivated by a deep concern for Texas' forest resources, formed Texas Forestry Association. As the years passed, they were joined by others, forming a continuous bond of dedication, service and support to the forest lands of Texas.
Today, the Texas Forestry Association, still guided by a conservation philosophy, has become more than just an association of forest-minded landowners, businesses and professionals. It has reached far beyond the original concept of TFA in 1914, and today offers programs for almost every Texan interested in conservation, business, history, education, wildlife and more.
Our Mission Is ...
- To promote an economic, social, and political climate that will advance forestry in Texas;
- Through education, political action, and public relations, promote the understanding and acceptance of forest conservation practices throughout the state;
- To serve the broad needs of the forest resource of landowners, producers, and consumers; and
- To enhance and perpetuate the Texas forest resource.
What TFA does for you ...
- Lobbies in Austin for environmental, forestry and other regulatory issues affecting you and your timberlands.
- Publishes a monthly newspaper to keep you informed on forest issues.
- Supports pro-forestry state legislators through the Forestry Political Action Committee (FORPAC) and keeps contributors informed with a government affairs update.
- Sponsors meetings and workshops to provide you with the latest information on forestry and related subjects.
- Provides rewards for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone stealing or vandalizing a TFA member's equipment, property or timber; or for timber arson.
- Offers a valuable forum for forestry issues.
- Assists with preserving the forest productivity tax law of Texas, and helps with timber classifications for taxation.
- TFA Position Statements