TFA’s goal is to represent the people in the forest sector by promoting healthy political and economic climates, and to encourage sustainable forest management, which provides clean air, clean water, diverse wildlife habitat, and products that enrich all our lives.
What TFA Does for You?
- LOBBIES IN AUSTIN for environmental, forestry and other issues affecting timberlands, transportation and more.
- SUPPORTS PRO-FORESTRY STATE LEGISLATORS through the Forestry Political Action Committee (FORPAC).
- ASSISTS WITH PRESERVING THE TIMBER PRODUCTIVITY TAX LAW of Texas and assists with timber classifications for taxation; supports fair competition for your forest products at home and abroad; keeps watch on regulatory issues.
- PROVIDES REWARDS for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone stealing or vandalizing a TFA member’s equipment, property or timber; or for arson in the forests.
- PUBLISHES A BI-MONTHLY MAGAZINE to keep you informed on forestry issues.
- SPONSORS MEETINGS AND WORKSHOPS to provide you with the latest information on forestry and related subjects.
- PROVIDES TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS to help teach our leaders of tomorrow that the forestry community is environmentally responsible and an integral part of our daily lives.
- PROVIDES LANDOWNER OUTREACH AND LOGGER TRAINING through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Committee to increase environmental awareness and sustainable forestry practices.
- And much more!