The Texas Burn Managers Council was formed in 2013. Their mission is to:
- To improve and expand the use of prescribed burning.
- To have representation on the TDA Prescribed Burn Board.
- To provide annual CEU training for certified prescribed burn managers.
- To inform members of changes in state and federal laws and regulations that impact prescribed burning operations.
- Representation and Lobbying presence during legislative sessions.
Cost share assistance is available through the Texas A&M Forest Service, WUI Grant - email Andy McCrady at firstname.lastname@example.org
or the National Wild Turkey Federation, email Scotty Parsons at email@example.com